From the word, “parigha” means a crossbar, a bar which uses when locking the gate. The body in Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) resembles the bolt, which the gates lock.
How to do Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) Step By Step Instruction:
1. Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) is a posture of barbell1. Get on your knees, connecting your ankles.
2. Pull the right leg to the right and keep it in line with the trunk and left knee. The right foot should be turned to the right, holding the foot firmly, without bending at the knee.
3. With an inspiration, spread your hands to the sides. Take two breaths and exhale.
4. Exhale, move the trunk and right arm down to the elongated right leg. The right forearm should be placed on the right shin, the right hand – on the ankle with the palm upward.
The right ear will then lie on the upper part of the right hand. Place your left hand over your head and reach with your left palm to the right. The left ear will then touch the upper part of the left hand.
5. Stay in Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) for 30-60 seconds, breathe normally.
6. Inhale, return the trunk and hands to position 3. Bend the right leg and stand on both knees, again connecting the ankles.
7. Repeat the pose in the opposite direction, replacing the word “right” with “left”, and vice versa. The Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) is maintained the same amount of time in both directions.
General information about Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) :
|Name:||Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana)|
|Description:||The Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) will help to correct the curvature if you carefully listen to your body, avoiding tension.|
The Effects of Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana):
In Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana), the body takes on an odd shape, which nevertheless involves the muscles and ligaments of the lower back and pelvic articulations in a way that they never work anywhere. stretches the pelvic area.
One side of the abdominal area is stretched, and the other is compressed laterally. This contributes to the proper functioning of the muscles and organs of the abdominal cavity and does not allow the abdominal skin to hang. The lateral inclinations of the spine help people with a stiff back.
An inguinal hernia and intercostal neuralgia.
Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) bar bolt variation In order to strengthen the traction of the muscles of the hamstrings and the groin, perform the variation of Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana).
Entering the yoga pose, put a foot of an elongated foot on the heel. If the body is flexible, grasp the toes.
Pull them on yourself, deepening the slope. In order to make it easier to keep the body in the same plane, try to make a pose facing the wall.
Perhaps it will be easier and more pleasant to perform the Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) to the right than to the left or vice versa.
The cause may be the condition of internal organs: traction to the right stimulates the liver, and to the left – the spleen. Especially the strong difference in sensations happens at scoliosis.
Gate Pose Yoga(Parighasana) bar bolt variation Starting position: one leg is bent at the knee and leans against the floor. The trunk and the supporting thigh are in an upright position.
The opposite leg is left in the plane of the trunk sideways, remaining in the knee straight, its foot obliquely on the floor. Then lower the same hand on the straight leg in the knee, raise the second one up.
Keeping the trunk in the plane of the legs with a minimum of its skew, go down towards the straight leg. The same hand slides over the foot to her foot. The other hand from the upper position descends to the same leg, straight in the knee and arm, along with it, sliding.