Maha Mudra, which in translation means “pose of the big seal” a very powerful yoga pose for energy. Asana cleans and cleans energy channels.
For women, it is actually to practice the technique in cases of displacement or prolapse of the uterus, for men – in cases of enlargement of the prostate gland.
How to Maha Mudra ( pose of the big seal ) Pose Step By Step Instruction:
- Accept the staff posture (position – sitting on the floor, legs straightened forward).
- Bend the left leg, lower the outer side of the thigh and the shin to the floor, put the foot to the inner side of the right thigh near the perineum (a right angle is formed between the right and left legs).
- Pull your hands out, grasp the thumb of your right foot with the thumb and forefinger of both hands.
- Head down, while the chin should be above the chest between the collarbones.
- Try to fully extend the spine, do not unfold the right leg outward.
- Inhale and begin to tighten the abdominal cavity up to the diaphragm.
- Relax your stomach and exhale. Inhale, then make a delay in breathing and re-tighten the abdominal cavity. At this pace, perform a pose for one or three minutes.
- Relax your stomach and breathing in, raise your head, unclench your fingers from the foot and straighten your bent leg.
- Now repeat the exercise the other way.
General information about Maha Mudra Pose ( pose of the big seal ) :
|Name:||Maha Mudra Pose ( pose of the big seal )|
|Description:||During the exercise, the organs of the abdominal cavity, kidneys, and adrenals are perfectly stimulated, and pain in the spleen is reduced.|
The benefit of Maha Mudra pose for the human body:
Recommended for a poor digestive process, tuberculosis, leprosy, hemorrhoids. Helps with a headache, heaviness and burning in the chest, dizziness, and darkness in the eyes.
It is not recommended for injuries in the knees and ankles, high blood pressure.
Aspects of Exercise:
- Do not bend the knee of the elongated leg
- Do not round the lower back
- relax the muscles of the face
- beginners can be put under the buttocks folded several times a blanket, the knee or shin can be clasped hands.
Especially asana is recommended to women, because it exerts a powerful influence, including on the internal genital organs.
Infectious-inflammatory and allergic diseases of the lungs, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, flatulence, osteochondrosis, impotence.
This is one of the universal asanas that have an impact on the whole body, is included in various yoga complexes, including children’s.
- burning in the chest
- darkening in the eyes.
How to Facilitate:
Put a folded blanket under your buttocks.
Hands to grasp the lower leg or the knee of the straight leg – there, docked hands get out with straightened back.
- Do not bend the elbow of the elongated leg.
- Do not round your lower back.
The Anatomy of Maha Mudra Pose:
Breathing, the concentration at runtime:
Breathing should be smooth and calm. If you are a beginner practitioner, then breathe with abdominal breathing, if the experience is already great, then full breathing with a delay in inspiration is recommended.
Concentrate on the thumb of the elongated leg. Try to keep the muscle tone in the body, but do not strain the muscles, since the tension blocks energy, so try to relax the muscles of the body, especially the facial muscles, between the eyebrows.
Allow the energy to wake up and move around the body freely so that energy heals the body and fills every cell with force, energy, health.
The benefits of this asana are enormous, so we recommend including this exercise (asana and respiratory cycle) in daily practice, for the prevention of many ailments, and for the development of your energy potential.
Beginners are encouraged to master Mahamudra in stages.
Advanced practitioners are encouraged to try this asana in the traditions of Kundalini Yoga – for 1-2 minutes.
Maha mudra pose performs after asanas and pranayama and before meditation.