Mandukasana yoga pose (Frog pose) requires great care and slowness. In it, like in any other, you should just sit down and listen to your sensations. This skill, acquired on the rug, also moves to live.
How to do Mandukasana yoga pose (Frog pose) Step By Step Instruction:
1. Lie on the floor on your stomach face down. Hands pull back.
2. With an exhalation bend the legs in the knees and bring the heels to the pelvis.
3. To grasp the soles of the feet for the two quiet breathing cycles, to raise the body and head with the next breath, stretching the back forward and upwards, turn the palms of the palms forward and press the front parts of the feet, pressing them to the floor.
4. Stay in the pose for 15-30 seconds, breathe smoothly. With the next inhalation, let go of the feet, stretch out your legs and relax.
General information about Mandukasana Yoga Pose ( Frog Pose ) :
|Name:||Mandukasana Yoga Pose ( Frog Pose )|
|Description:||By practicing Mandukasana yoga pose, you become more humble, attentive, less throwing words to the wind and doing more.|
A variation of Mandukasana Yoga Pose ( Frog Pose ) is the posture of the elongated frog Uttana Mandukasana. It differs in that after taking the basic posture, which we considered above, you need to pull the body forward. In this case, the pubic bone of the chest and forehead should lie on the floor. Hands stretched out, the pelvis does not come off the floor
It is very useful for restoring the navel when it is displaced. Also, with regular practice, you can regulate the volume of blood in the veins, arteries. Learn to hold your breath for a long time, which is very useful for performing breathing exercises.
What you get:
Begin to practice, and soon you will see that you have not in vain mastered this practice. Your body will become elastic, and you will also receive a bonus. By increasing the time of practice, your figure will become different due to a change in the shape of the body. Excess weight in the abdomen and hips will begin to disappear, which is very important for the modification of the figure. Hip joints will gradually unfold. Strengthen lower back. The load on the knees will decrease.
Asana is recommended for diabetes, with digestive problems. It is also important that improving the circulation in the small pelvis leads to the normalization of sexual life. Bad posture will help you, too, this exercise. If the sedentary lifestyle is close to you, then be sure to master this asana. It will develop joints that have lost the necessary mobility and flexibility due to lack of exercise.
It is recommended to start performing the Bhekasana after the complete mastering of Virañana.
Before performing the exercise, place the arms under the shoulders slightly lifting the body and pull it slightly forward, gently pulling the lumbar spine, “hook” the ribs by the floor and lower the body. This simple action protects the lumbar vertebrae from excessive squeezing.
While performing the exercise, press on the toes with the base of the palm.
Stretch your neck, not wringing it. Guide your elbows back.
Do not press your shoulders against your ears, hampering your neck.
How To Facilitate:
Eka Pada Bhekasana (“Eka” – one, “Pada” – leg): lying on your stomach, lift the body, put your left hand in front of you (across the body). Bend the right leg, grasp the foot with your right hand and, turning the palm of your hand forward, press the foot against the floor.
Hold the body unfolded forward, do not lift your shoulders to your ears, look ahead. Exercise for 10-15 seconds, then lower the body and repeat with the second leg.
Ardha Bhekasana (“Ardha” – half): Lunge one foot forward, as in Virabhadrasana I, lower the knee using your feet on the ground, raise the foot and, grasping it with the palm of your hand, press the foot against the outside of the thigh. Razvenene palm fingers forward and deepens the pose, pressing the palm to lift the foot.
Keep the pelvis straight.
How To Deepen:
- Combine Bhekasana and Dhanurasana
- lying on your stomach, bend your knees, one leg grabs the palm of your ankle from the inside and pulls it up, lifting your hip from the floor; the second leg is pressed to the floor, as in Bhekasana.
Do a few quiet breathing cycles, then change your legs. This exercise helps to align the muscles of the back, if they are unevenly developed (what happens with scoliosis). Determine which way the exercise is more difficult to perform, and increase the runtime.
- See Soupta Bhekasana
Frog posture with diluted thighs:
1. Stand on all fours. Lower the hips as much as it is comfortable for you, and make at least three deep breathing cycles in this position.
2. Place the mat under the right knee to the right of the mat.
3. Slowly move the right knee and shin to your right, relaxing your elbows and lowering your hips, and then your chest, on the mat.
4. Hold the head pillow (or use the cube).
5. Lower the hips as much as it is comfortable for you, and make at least three deep breathing cycles in this position.
Benefits for the body:
In terms of physiology, asana is affected as follows:
- Immediately feel the activity of the hip muscles
- The flexibility of the legs develops, hip joints are revealed
- The lower back becomes stronger
- Blood circulation in the pelvic organs increases
- The digestive and excretory system is activated
- The reproductive system is toned down, which significantly improves the quality of sexual life
- Stretches the spine, especially in the lumbar part, aligned posture
- The hip joints become more mobile
- Childbirth becomes easier
- The percentage of hemoglobin in the blood increases
- Staying in asana longer, the shape of the hips improves
- There is a detoxification of the body
- The vestibular apparatus comes into motion.
To improve the therapeutic effect of the yoga posture, the Frog performs at:
- Diabetes mellitus
- Digestive disorders
- Fatty deposits on the abdomen and hips
- Corrected flaws of the spine
- The activity of the gastrointestinal tract and liver is normalized
- Faster recovery occurs in ARVI
- Rheumatism of the upper and lower extremities
It is often used by athletes, as hip joints are revealed. And this reduces the risk of injury.
The efficacy of Mandukasana yoga pose is particularly effective in combination with breathing practices. The energy center in the navel area is being charged.
The psychological impact is as follows:
- false shame goes away
- helps to accept any situation in life
- the person becomes more confident
In order to improve, work with the energies of chakras, nature, as well as with mudras and elements takes place.
It is forbidden to perform asanas to people with such diseases:
- Inguinal hernia
- Pain in the back, spine, joints of the legs
- After surgery on the abdominal cavity