The whole strength and beauty of human health lie in the physiological and anatomical state of the spine. Sometimes the impact of negative factors worsens its functioning and causes a number of irreversible consequences. If this happens, life loses its dynamism, and every movement causes pain. In such cases, yoga for spine straightening comes to the rescue.
Effect of Yoga For Spine Straightening:
Our vertebral column is a single organ that consists of separate vertebrae, each of which flexibly joins others. This mobility is due to the presence of intervertebral discs, short interstitial muscles, and ligaments.
Every day is a serious test of our spine. The progress of degenerative changes and destruction of discs, weakness of short muscles, cause the appearance of pathological processes. They lead to infringement of roots of a spinal cord, spasmic muscles of a back, a hernia of a backbone, and, accordingly, to the occurrence of a pain.
The function of the spinal cord depends to a large extent on the tone of the musculature of the spine. If the muscles are weakened, the nervous processes slow down and the body grows old. The presence of pathological processes in the internal organs also depends on the type of spine that suffers.
What are yogis believe?
Yogis believe, that the usual muscular efforts, stretching and twisting the spine, are the best medicine. Such exercises, the necessity of performing which is inherent in nature, bring the cervical and all other parts of the spine closer to the ideal, even in the case of neglected pathological processes. Yoga for the back allows you to restore each department, restoring the joy of movement. The complex of asanas must be performed every day.
The mechanism of the impact of yoga exercises on the mobility of the spine:
All yoga exercises are built on a long static asana hold, which you need to perform every day. What happens at this moment?
The internal disc pressure decreases both in healthy and damaged discs. This is very important for a hernia spinal cord. The degree of mobility of the intervertebral articulations of each part of the back increases, due to the increased elasticity of the muscular and ligamentous tissue.
The complex has a strengthening effect on the muscles since to maintain the posture, a sufficient force influence of the muscular corset is necessary. Static stress mobilizes the motoneuron apparatus and promotes the speedy restoration of impaired functions.
Thus, the complex of asanas allows you to achieve the combination of two important influences on the spine: increasing muscle strength and stretching.
What can you do during performing asanas:
When performing these or those asanas, you can use both a limited segment and the entire vertebral column. When a hernia spinal exercises should be selected with caution, given the location of its localization, the stage of the disease.
If you start your lesson from this department, make sure that you have a set of preparatory exercises, which consists of turns, slopes and circular turns of the head. All these manipulations must be done once a day, first at a slow and steady pace, at least 10 times each. Gradually increasing the amplitude and speed. After that, we proceed to perform asanas, which we perform once a day.
is recommended to perform at the beginning of any complex aimed at correcting the spine.
Sitting in a comfortable position or in an padmasana:
Raise your hands up, pulling the vertebra behind the vertebrae. Then bend your arms at the elbows and dilute so that the shoulders were parallel to the floor, and the brushes pointing upwards (candlestick). In this position, turn the head to the left and right, and then toss back. Try to increase the mobility of the cervical department every day.
Ardha-Matsyendrasana(one of the facilitated variants)
Standing with his back to the wall at a distance of a step. With a breath, raise your right arm and turn the upper section of the body and head to the right, trying to touch the wall. Returning to its original position – exhalation.
Ardha-Maciendrasana in full version. After mastering is carried out every day. Sitting on the right hip, we bend the right leg in the knee, fingers touching the left buttock.
Left, bending in the knee, we carry through the right knee. Turn the body to the left. The right arm, we thrust outside under the left knee. The left bend behind the back, and we try to close our hands in the lock. Turn your head to the left, lifting your chin over your shoulder. It is better to perform this exercise in the middle or final part of the complex.
Parivrita Trikonasana (inverted triangle)
From the bar, legs at the width of the shoulders, bend over and put the right palm of the left foot, pointing fingers to the heel. The left arm is lifted up, the head is maximally turned back, the sight is directed to the fingertips. It is included in any part of the complex.
Parivatrikonasana (lateral triangle):
We make a wide attack to the right, bending the leg in the knee to the right angle. The toes of the left leg are directed forward, and the right one to the side.
We bend the trunk to the bent leg, pulling the left hand to the right-up. The other hand can be bent and placed on a bent leg, or maybe straightened down. The head is turned up as much as possible, there is a look. Day by day we try to come close to the thigh.
The first and second degree of performance, where the head and body rises only in the upper-thoracic region.
Exercises that should be performed only with a good level of preparation, in a state of remission, in the presence of diseases of the cervical department. With a hernia, only after consulting a doctor.
Exercises for all parts of the spine:
Exercises that are used in yoga are ideal for correcting the problems of all parts of the spine. Yoga for the spine prescribes to perform them slowly. Complex poses start to learn from the simpler options.
– flexion in the hip joints. The back should be straight along the entire length of the spine. Hands limp loose, head lifted. Perform every day.
– incline forward with a round back. Begins with the cervical department, lowering the chin on the chest. Then the vertebra behind the vertebrae bends the thoracic, thoracolumbar and lumbar spine.
– backward deflection. It is necessary to monitor that all vertebrae are involved. Perform gradually, like Padakhtasanu starting with the cervical department.
– slopes to the sides. Exercise should begin with the inclination of the head. First, the first cervical vertebra is turned on, then the second and so on to the sacral region.
One hand is quietly hanging in front of the chest, the head should be tilted to the shoulder, then the face does not change the frontal position. Straighten in the reverse order.
From the sacrum to the neck. The same exercise can be done with your hands up. The distance between the arms is slightly larger than the width of the shoulders. During the tilt, the arms are still, remain at the level of the ears.
– is performed from Virasana. We lean forward so that the face rests on the floor, and the back is maximally straightened. Straight arms are pulled back up. We tear off the feet from the floor.
– from the position, lying with bent legs, tear off the pelvis and the back from the floor to the edges of the blades.
The palms rest against the back, pointing the fingers out. The elbows are pointed at the feet. You can not breed them. His head rests against his chest. The cervical region is firmly pressed to the floor.
Uttan-Pristhasana (extended back)
– Standing on his knees, bend his chest to the floor and stretch as far as possible forward with his arms straight. We try to touch the floor with armpits. The face and look are directed forward.
– kneeling, bend backwards from the cervical vertebrae to the sacrum. Put your hands on the soles of your feet.
– stretching lying. It is necessary to fully stretch from the belt line. Legs stretch down, torso and arms up. It should feel like you want to break in half. Do it even on the day when you do not perform the whole complex. It is possible after awakening.
- In the presence of serious problems, such as a spinal hernia, yoga for the back should be performed only under the guidance of an experienced master, moving from simple asanas to more complex ones.
- All exercises must be performed in conjunction with Shavasana and Makrasana. Positions of relaxation should be included after asanas of maximum tension.
- It is important to ensure that the whole backbone, and not one of its departments, is progressively included in the work.
- Correctly combine pranayama with asanas. Breathing correctly affects the mobile links of the spine. This allows you to return to the place of the dropping vertebrae.
- Exercises can cause a feeling of dragging discomfort, but, in no case, a sharp pain.
- Carrying out the complex every day, you will understand what a healthy back is.